If you believe one of our instructors is infringing your intellectual property rights, you can send FP International Academy a DMCA Notice. We will expeditiously disable access or remove the content and notify the customer. Be advised that we post all notices we receive.
By signing up for the FP International Academy (“Service”) or any of the services of FP International. (“FP International”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). Any new features or tools which are added to the current Service shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time at here. FP International Academy reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the FP International Academy website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
Everyday language summaries are provided for your benefit and are not legally binding. Please read the “Terms of Service” for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using FP International Academy or any FP International Academy services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to occasionally check back for updates.
1 Account Terms
1. You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use this Service.
2. You must provide your full legal name, current address, a valid email address, and any other information needed in order to complete the signup process.
3. You acknowledge that FP International Academy will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
4. You are responsible for keeping your password secure. FP International Academy cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your account and password.
5. You are responsible for all activity and content such as videos, files, data, graphics, photos and links that is uploaded under your FP International Academy account (“Course Content”). You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
6. A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service as determined in the sole discretion of FP International Academy will result in an immediate termination of your services.
Don’t use FP International Academy for anything illegal or transmit any harmful code. Remember that with any violation of these terms we will cancel your service.
If we need to reach you, we will send you an email.
2 Account Activation
1. Subject to section 2.2, the person signing up for the Service will be the contracting party (“Account Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding account we may provide to the Account Owner in connection with the Service.
2. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Account Owner. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms of Service.
The person signing up for the FP International Academy Service is responsible for the account and is bound by these Terms of Service. If you signup on behalf of your employer, your employer owns the account and is also bound by our Terms of Service.
3 General Conditions
1. Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and/or employees of FP International is only available via email.
2. You may not use the FP International Academy service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
3. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission of FP International Academy.
4. You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use FP International Academy or FP International trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof
5. Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. You understand that your Course Content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
4 FP International Academy Rights
1. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
2.We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
3. We may, but have no obligation to, remove Course Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
4. Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any FP International Academ students, FP International employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
5. FP International Academy does not pre-screen Course Content and it is in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Course Content that is available via the Service.
6. We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that FP International employees and contractors may also be FP International customers/instructors and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your confidential information in doing so.
7. In the event of a dispute regarding account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm account ownership. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, etc.
8. FP International retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful account ownership and transfer an account to the rightful owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful account owner, Thinkific reserves the right to temporarily disable an account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
We can modify, cancel or refuse the service at anytime.
In the event of an ownership dispute over a FP International Academy account, we can freeze the account or transfer it to the rightful owner.
5 Limitation of Liability
1. You expressly understand and agree that FP International Academy shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
2. In no event shall FP International Academy or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or this agreement (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, FP International partners, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
3. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an ”as is“ and ”as available“ basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
4. FP International Academy does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
5. FP International Academy does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.
6. FP International Academy does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
7. In no event will Service Provider’s aggregate liability for all claims of any kind, including any claims arising out of or related to this agreement, whether by statute, contract, tort, or under any other theory of liability, exceed the fees paid by you for the FP International Academy Service hereunder during the one (1) month period immediately preceding the date on which the cause of action arose.
We are not responsible if you break the law, breach this agreement or go against the rights of a third party, especially if you get sued.
Service is “as is” so it may have errors or interruptions and we provide no warranties.
The total amount of our potential liability is limited to one month of your fees paid to us.
6 Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of FP International Academy to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and FP International Academy and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and FP International Academy (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
If FP International Academy chooses not to enforce any of these provisions at any time, it does not mean that they give up that right later.
These terms of service make up the agreement that applies to you. This means that any previous agreements between you and FP International Academy don’t apply if they conflict with these terms.
7 Intellectual Property and Customer Content
1. We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the FP International Academy service. All material you upload remains yours. You can remove your FP International Academy site at any time by deleting your account. This will also remove all content you have stored on the Service.
2. By uploading Course Content, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view your Course Content; (b) to allow FP International Academy to display and store your Course Content; and (c) that FP International Academy can, at any time, review all the Course Content submitted by you to its Service.
3. You retain ownership over all Course Content that you upload to a FP International Academy site; however, by making your site public, you agree to allow others to view your Course Content. You are responsible for compliance of Course Content with any applicable laws or regulations.
4. You retain ownership over all content that you submit to a FP International Academy site however, by making your site public, you agree to allow others to view your content.
5. We will not disclose your confidential information to third parties, except as required in the course of providing our services. Confidential information includes any materials or information provided by you to us which is not publicly known. Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the public domain at the time we received it; (b) comes into the public domain after we received it through no fault of ours; (c) we received from someone other than you without breach of our or their confidentiality obligations; or (d) we are required by law to disclose.
Anything you upload remains yours and your responsibility. If you want to remove your content, just delete your account.
8 Payment of Fees
1. A valid credit card is required for accounts able to process orders using a live payment gateway. Accounts used for development purposes (unable to process orders using a live payment gateway) do not require a valid credit card.
2. The service will be billed in 30 day intervals. When your billing period is over the Account Owner will be sent an invoice via the email provided. Users have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing.
3. All fees are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other governmental sales, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”).
4. If you are resident in the U.S., Taxes may apply to your subscription to or purchase of some or all of FP International Academy products and services, including without limitation, your subscription to or purchase of FP International Academy ecommerce services (“Taxable Offerings”). Any applicable Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the U.S billing address you provide to us, and will be calculated at the time of purchase of the applicable Taxable Offerings. Such amounts are in addition to fees for the Taxable Offerings and will be billed to the credit card you use to pay for the Taxable Offerings. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
5. If you are not a resident of Canada or the U.S., and not subject to Canadian Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) in respect of your subscription to or purchase of FP International Academy products and services, you must provide us with a statement by email to email@example.com stating that: (i) you are not a resident of Canada or the U.S.; (ii) you are not GST/HST registered; and (iii) to the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, you were not physically present in Canada when FP International Academy products and services were made available to you. The statement should also include your complete home and/or business location address. If you do not provide such information, you will be charged for Taxes applicable to your subscription to or purchase of FP International Academy products and services, which will be billed to your credit card until after such time that you provide us with the information described above. To the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, and your location of usage changes to a place in Canada or the U.S., you must advise us immediately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. FP International Academy does not provide refunds.
For live payment gateways, a valid credit card is required. You will be billed every 30 days and have 2 weeks to pay. Tax is not included and will be billed to your credit card.
9 Cancellation and Termination
1. You may cancel your account at anytime by emailing email@example.com and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in FP International Academy response.
2. Once cancellation is confirmed, all of your Course Content will be immediately deleted from the Service. Since deletion of all data is final please be sure that you do in fact want to cancel your account before doing so.
3. If you cancel the Service in the middle of the month, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid you will not be charged again.
4. We reserve the right to modify or terminate the FP International Academy service for any reason, without notice at any time.
5. Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, FP International Academy may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
To initiate a cancellation, email firstname.lastname@example.org. FP International Academy will respond with specific information regarding the cancellation process for your account. Once cancellation is confirmed, all your content will be permanently deleted. If you cancel in the middle of the month, you’ll have one last email invoice.
We may change or cancel your account at any time. Any fraud and we will suspend or cancel your account.
10 Modifications to the Service and Prices
1. Prices for using FP International Academy are subject to change upon 30 days notice from FP International Academy. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the FP International Academy Site (academy.fpintl.com) or the administration menu of your FP International Academy site via an announcement.
2. FP International Academy reserves the right at any time to time to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
3. FP International Academy shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
We may change or discontinue the service at anytime, without liability.
11 Optional Tools
1. FP International Academy may provide you with access to third party tools over which FP International Academy neither monitors nor has any control or input.
2. You acknowledge and agree that FP International Academy provides access to such tools ‘as is’ without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. FP International Academy shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third party tools.
3. Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third party provider(s).
4. FP International Academy strongly recommends that instructors seek specialist advice before using or relying on certain tools. In particular, tax calculators should be used for reference only and not as a substitute for independent tax advice when assessing the correct tax rates instructors should charge end users.
We are not responsible for third party tools so use them at your own risk. If you use them you agree that we do not provide a warranty, so get advice beforehand.
12 DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
FP International Academy supports the protection of intellectual property and asks FP International Academy instructors to do the same. It’s our policy to respond to all notices of alleged copyright infringement. If someone believes that one of our instructors is infringing their intellectual property rights, they can send a DMCA Notice to FP International Academy designated agent using our form. Upon receiving a DMCA Notice, we may remove or disable access to the material claimed to be a copyright infringement. Once provided with a notice of takedown, the instructor can reply with a counter notification using our form if they object to the complaint. The original complainant has 14 business days after we receive a counter notification to seek a court order restraining the instructor from engaging in the infringing activity, otherwise we restore the material.
FP International Academy respects intellectual property rights and you should too. If we receive a DMCA Notice, we may disable access or remove the allegedly infringing content from your website. If you don’t think the claim is valid, you can proceed with a counter notification.
For everyone else this means,